How to Choose the Right Marketing Strategy for Your Business
Many business owners are tasked with the job of choosing a marketing strategy to grow their business. Today, we’ll be covering top of the funnel marketing campaigns rather than lead nurturing strategies. So let’s get into it, which marketing strategy to choose for your business!
Facebook Advertising Strategy
What is Facebook Advertising?
Facebook Advertising are those ads in your feed or on the right side of the platform. There are many types of Facebook advertising that can benefit your business. Facebook uses data to allow you the opportunity to target potential customers.
Why Choose Facebook Advertising?
Billions of users are on the Facebook platform. Advertising on Facebook can be an extremely valuable tool for your business if you know what you’re doing. Here are some reasons to choose Facebook advertising:
- You have set up a remarketing pixel on your website on key product pages. This will allow you to show ads to those users who have not completed your goal (i.e. bought an item or filled out a form)
- You fully understand your customers and have statistical data to back up your knowledge. Because Facebook uses demographics and other information based targeting methods, it’s important know exactly who your customers are. Creating marketing personas is a great way to do that.
- In general, Facebook Advertising is more cost-effective than other forms of advertising
Why Not Choose Facebook Advertising?
There are many reasons not to choose Facebook advertising for your business, here are a few:
- You don’t know exactly whom you’re targeting. Don’t guess. If you don’t have statistical data telling you exactly the demographics and psychographics of who your customers are, don’t use Facebook advertising (remarketing can still be used).
- If you don’t have clear goals, don’t use Facebook Advertising. Promoting a post (unless you’re a large organization with goals to do “branding”) may not be an effective strategy for your business.
- If you don’t have a way to measure success, don’t use Facebook advertising. “Likes” and “shares” (vanity metrics) typically aren’t a good metric to measure for smaller organizations.
- Facebook Advertising is typically not intent based. This means, people are generally not searching for products or services like yours, but instead, they receive ads based on who they are.
Google AdWords Advertising Strategy
What is Google AdWords?
Google AdWords is an advertising tool that Google created. There are many places that you can run ads that Google partners with. Let’s explore why or why not choose Google AdWords.
Why Choose Google AdWords?
- Google AdWords, if set up correctly, is intent based. This means that your ads can be created for target customers searching for products or services like yours.
- Google AdWords Ads can be used to target visitors to your website. Like Facebook, this can be an effective strategy if you’re targeting the correct visitors at the correct pages on your site.
- Google AdWords can get your business listed at the top of Google without any natural rankings.
Why Not Choose Google AdWords?
- Google AdWords can be expensive. Every industry is different.
- Google AdWords takes time to optimize. Many people think it’s instantaneous, however, it can take months to “cut the fat” down to target the right keywords and get lower prices.
- Google AdWords can be very confusing if you don’t have the experience.
- You may be competing against expert advertisers who have been narrowing down the costs of their ads for many months or years.
Search Engine Optimization (SEO) Strategy
What is Search Engine Optimization?
Search Engine Optimization is the process of ranking your website naturally in Google. Let’s explore why or why not use SEO.
Why Choose a Search Engine Optimization Strategy?
- If you have an effective SEO strategy, you won’t have to “pay” for clicks like advertising.
- SEO is a long-term strategy that can yield ongoing leads or purchases for your business.
- SEO can help you rank highly on Google for people searching for you or your products/services.
Why Not Choose a Search Engine Optimization Strategy?
- It often takes months and hard work to rank for competitive (but valuable!) keywords
- It’s not an instantaneous process.
- It takes a combination of time, skill, and hard work to build a SEO strategy
Social Media Content (Organic) Strategy
What is social media content strategy?
A social media content strategy is the regular process of writing and posting content on your social media channels. Here are some cons and pros of using this strategy:
Why Choose a Social Media Strategy?
- It can be a tool to reach a percentage of your followers (increasingly smaller percentage).
- Your fans and followers can learn about your business
- Social media allows you to communicate in a more personalized manner than you’d normally be able to do.
- Combined with a SEO strategy, you can help push followers to your strategic pages to help them rank higher on Google search.
- It’s “free”, however, it takes a lot of time and energy and often is not seen by a large percentage of your followers.
Why Not Choose a Social Media Strategy?
- It is very time consuming to post regularly
- A very small percentage of your followers see your posts. Even fewer non-followers see your content.
- Growing your channels can prove to be difficult now with Facebook’s low organic reach.
- Many businesses struggle to associate their social efforts with return on investment (ROI).
Display Marketing Strategy
What is Display Marketing?
Display marketing is the purchase of ad space across media channels. Here are some pros and cons of display marketing:
Why Choose Display Marketing?
- You have a large marketing budget and want to do “branding,” meaning, you’d like people to learn about your company or product in a less sales-y way.
- You want to drive traffic to a campaign that helps your brand.
Why Not Choose Display Marketing?
- Requires a large budget
- Return on investment may not be so obvious
- Generally used for branding campaigns, not generating new leads.
Hopefully this post was helpful for you! There are many strategies to use in a marketing strategy. The above strategies can certainly be combined, but with limited budget and resources, I recommend starting with a SEO strategy and a social media strategy. Both of these can compliment each other to help drive quality prospective customers to your website with intent (meaning, they’ll come to your site because of the keywords that you are targeting). The more strategic your keywords, the more successful you can be. For example, a keyword “Massage Therapists in Delray” may be extremely valuable for a person searching for a message therapist in Delray (where they live or will be).
Need some help on your internet marketing strategy? Contact us for a free consultation – we look forward to speaking with you!
SCHEDULE A FREE CONSULTATION
“X Factor” is defined as “a variable in a given situation that could have the most significant impact on the outcome.” BartX is the “X factor” your business needs to thrive. Our internet marketing company uses the power of the internet to help your business grow by finding a unique marketing formula for your unique business. We know that you’re passionate about your business. That’s why we offer solutions customized to fit your unique business needs, goals, and expectations. Whether you’re searching for a partner to manage your online presence or a full-service digital marketing company to design and boost your website to the first page on Google, we can create a package just for you. Some of the services we offer include web design services, SEO services, local SEO services, social media marketing services, and PPC management services.
Resources for Professional Service Industries:
Dental Marketing Strategies
Psychologist Marketing Strategies
Law Firm Marketing Strategies
Our Other Brands:
TherapyByPro – A Directory for Counselors and other Mental Health Professionals
TherapistX – A Marketing Company for Psychologists, Psychiatrists, and Therapists